We Are the Family You Can Depend On
In 1963, Dell and Boyd Stout began a furniture store in Hurricane, Utah, which has been family owned and operated ever since. We have been proud to furnish thousands of homes in Hurricane, St George and the surrounding areas since that time. We continue to believe in building great relationships with our customers and providing the best service and quality that only a small-town locally owned furniture store can provide!
We are YOUR source for competitive prices with knowledgeable in-store professionals here to help you every step of the way, whether you need to replace an old appliance, or if you’re remodeling and need an entire kitchen full of new brand name products. We will work with you to find a product that fits your needs, budget and lifestyle. And, our delivery and installation specialists will assure that your new appliances arrive safely and are installed properly.
- 1912 The First Furniture in Hurricane In 1912 Charles Petty built Petty Mercantile which was sold to E.J. Graff in 1928. Graff Mercantile was an icon in Hurricane history and is the seed from which Stout’s was born.
- 1963 The Stout Legacy Begins Brothers Dell and Boyd Stout bought the home center from Graff and later changed the name to Stout’s. For four generations, our vision has been to give our community a trusted family-operated furniture store they could count on to make their house a home.
- 1975 We Always Deliver! Our trucks have gotten bigger and better, but that doesn't mean that since the beginning, we made sure that we always were able to get the best furniture into the hands of our customers at all costs!
- 1990 Stephen takes over After many years experience in the furniture and appliance business Steve Stout (Boyd’s son) took over management. He kept it successful through maintaining his father’s principles and bringing new ideas to the store.
- 2004 Jed keeps it up When Steve became very ill, Jed took over management of the business. Steve’s health returned and he remains active in the business as the President and CEO. Jed continues to manage the day-to-day operations for the community.